Dr. Ryan Safner
Office hours: TuTh 3:30-5:00 PM on Zoom
August 17–November 24, 2020
Mets on Zoom
This site contains the syllabus, schedule, and assignments for ECON 480: Econometrics, held during Fall 2020 at Hood College.
Last Update: 11:30:27 Thu Sep 24 2020
By the end of this course, you will:
- understand how to evaluate statistical and empirical claims;
- use the fundamental models of causal inference and research design;
- gather, analyze, and communicate with real data in R.
Given these objectives, this course fulfills all three of the learning outcomes for the George B. Delaplaine, Jr. School of Business Economics B.A. program:
- Use quantitative tools and techniques in the preparation, interpretation, analysis and presentation of data and information for problem solving and decision making […]
- Apply economic reasoning and models to understand and analyze problems of public policy […]
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communications skills for personal and professional success[…]